I really don't know how I'm going to be unpregnant when it's time to for Alia to come out. Last week, I detailed the niceness of everyone during our babymoon. Today it happened again.
Awhile ago, Ajay told me the nurses at the hospital wanted to have a little shower/lunch for me at my convenience...if that'd be okay with me. Ummmm, let's see....offering the pregnant girl food....where do I sign up??? Not to mention, when I was a surgical rep, I spent a lot of time at Ajay's hospital and got to know a lot of the nurses and surgeons there really well, so of course I'd love to see everybody again!
So today was the agreed upon day, and Ajay told everyone that gifts were not part of the deal...let's just enjoy some lunch and that'll be that. Right? RIGHT?
I showed up to the break room to full -blown streamers and balloons, and signs and yes, wall to wall gifts. Gift bags galore....a little red wagon stuffed to the max with everything a beach baby could ever want or need...shovels, a little beach chair, a floppy hat...you name it. There were hand-crocheted blankets, toys, and oh, my goodness...clothes??? And a swing! There were blankets and bottles and stuffed dollies and mobiles. There were teeny tiny baby socks and onesies and bibs and hats and head bands. And don't forget....CAKE!!!!
I was seriously expecting lunch, and only lunch....I brought my famous brownies and everything expecting to be a willing participant in an old fashioned pot-luck lunch to celebrate this new little girl. Was I ever touched. I couldn't believe just how much effort everybody went to to throw such a wonderful event.
No comments:
Post a Comment