So, I'm looking for a little help around here...a nanny/Mom's helper. I plan to hire at the end of August when we get back from Turkey, so that the new person will have enough time to get to know Alia before our new little one joins us in November. I still plan to be a SAHM, but let's be realistic...two babies 15 months apart is pretty chaotic, even for me. So with a single posting on Craig's List, I got maybe 40 responses of people interested.
Okay, I know this is really bad form, but I just can't help myself. I've omitted the name to protect this poor soul, but the rest I'm posting because you just can't buy this kind of stuff. Here is the best response I've ever seen to a job posting...it's reverse psychology at it's best...it's "I'm so unavailable you need to chase me"....it's, it's, it's.....Generation Y? And I left typos as they were...this is a cut/paste job. Here you go....
Hello! I am a 24 year old female and I just graduated from XXXXXX this past December with my BA in Liberal Studies. I started working (nanning) for a family full time, in January and I am currently working for them still. I am looking around and trying to keep my options open because of many reasons, some including the fact that I work at least 40 hours a week and if I don't, then I have to make them up over the following weeks and I don't get every weekend off, which I am looking for because I do want to be able to go to church every Sunday and hang out with my friends and family as well, and as well on Saturdays. I have left a message for a woman who will be hiring people at a school (XXXXXXXXX Calvary) where I have worked before, but needed something that gave me more hours and pay. They are looking for some new teachers for next year, but it all depends on how many students enroll and so I'm waiting to hear back from her. Please let me know what kind of hours and days you are looking for. Also, are you planning on going back to work after your next baby? The kids I take care of now are ages, 11 and a half months and 3 years old. They are great children, but there are many things I just don't know if I can handle any more, which I could tell you about another time. Anyway, I will be going to Africa from August 9th-23rd. Do you have an exact date at the end of August you would like someone to start? Please let me know a little about yourself and your family because honestly, I am a little nervous about nanning for another family after working for this one. If you would like, I could send you my resume. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!
God bless,
XXXXXXX
P.S. I do travel quite often. So far planned is Africa like I mentioned in August , a house boat trip in Sept. for 5 days (9th-13th), Nicaragua trip in November over Thanksgiving week...exact dates on my calandar at home, and probably a snowboard trip or two in the winter....usually Jan./Feb. for a few days.
P.S.S. If you need any help in July, the people I work for are traveling to New Hampshire from the 7th-25th and I'm not going with them.
So I'll leave it at that. I'll leave for you my reader to ponder...the "I don't know if I can handle this job, I don't know if I can stand dealing with family dynamics, and by the way, I'll be gone for the greater amount of time you need me"... I mean, seriously...is this a job application or a joke?
2 comments:
NANNING...!
God, can I use this??? Pure gold!
Oh. My. Gawd. What nerve!!! And spelling. And run on sentences. Why is she even bothering to look for a job? She's a trip.
I've taught college full-time for the past seven years and have yet to read a cover letter from a Gen Y that's this demanding (crazy). Maybe you should look for midwest college student that is in your area (I know, needle in a haystack, but not impossible).
Post a Comment