Thursday, July 17, 2008

4 Days and counting

Today is Thursday...meaning I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to make it through until my C-section on Monday. Today, I'm starting to feel the finality of it all.

This afternoon I'm heading over to my final Fetal Monitoring session at 1:00, and then following up that appointment with a 2:30 at my OB's. Both of these are the final times I'll be seeing the experts before my delivery on Monday. WOW....who knew it'd finally get here!

Last night was an active one for little Alia. She thumped and kicked the night away. Although I woke up a lot throughout the night with all the activity, I slept pretty well.

This morning when I got out of the shower, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and to my surprise, it seemed like my tummy bump had dropped about 3 inches. Which sent my mind into a racing thought process of "what's that all about" and "what does that mean" and "is she okay in there?" and "will she just keep on dropping until she falls out?"

From there I went into another line of thinking..."is this it?" and "will I actually leave the hospital from the fetal monitoring session?" and "what did I forget to put in my bag for the hospital...will I need a hairdryer? Did I remember the memory card for my camera? What about my cell phone charger? What have I been waiting for with all these final additions to the hospital bag that's been in my trunk for a week?" and "Oh, my God, am I ready for this? If not today, will I be by Monday?"

Inhale.

No, really, Inhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale.

Exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale.

Go eat something.

Who cares if the sheets are in the dryer still....I'm sure if I end up in the hospital my brilliant husband won't end up sleeping on a bare mattress...he's totally capable of putting sheets on. And of unloading the clean dishes out of the dish washer.

Who am I kidding? No he's not!

No comments: