Friday, November 30, 2007

Bluuuuuuugh!

This morning I woke up to the sound of rain. Normally that is a wonderful sound...we are always bordering on desperation for rain here in Southern California. Our house has a lot of skylights, and normally I LOVE the way rain sounds when it comes down.



So peaceful, so restful, such a wonderful sound.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip (that's the sound of a needle skidding across a record) STOP EVERYTHING! Crap!!! We still hadn't ordered the tarp to cover our new outdoor furniture!!! It's out there getting pounded by rain.


I jump up and pull on my Uggs....bending over I feel something trying to come up from my stomach. Bluuuugh. I feel yucky. I open the door to see how much rain has come down. A lot...and it's still coming down. Ajay is also aware that we (meaning "I") didn't get around to having a tarp made to protect the furniture. I hate it when he's aware of one of things that I didn't get done...I know it sounds silly but I hate to feel like I didn't do my job...to be fair, he does do a really good "I'm disappointed, not mad"....which I'm sure will haunt our adult children 30 years from now. Anyway, after the rain slows to a sprinkle, I run out and start drying off the table...mind you it's 6 a.m. I must look like an obsessive compulsive nutjob! Realize that with every wipe of the table, I am dry heaving and hoping I don't barf on it too. To my utter delight, the water has beaded up perfectly and has not penetrated the table....just like they promised. No damage. Wonderful! I find some big sheets of plastic that we saved from when our couch was delivered and do my best to cover the newly dried table. And then I run inside to try to barf in the sink. Nothin'. Once again, just Bluuuuugh feeling.

No comments: