Monday, December 19, 2011

A trip to the past

Well, tonight I was toodling around my blog, reacquainting myself with the me of the past, when I came across this post. It's the one I wrote about four years ago, when Ajay and I go to Ruby's for dinner? To be "fun" and acquaint ourselves with the things people with kids do. Yes, we were the married couple sans children at Ruby's for dinner, looking around marveling at how families with small children live their lives, and smiling as the kids nearby melted down, got time outs, were constantly rounded up by frazzled Moms...yep, we were the freak couple looking at these poor souls with warmth and love, nodding at them with hopeful eyes while their kids drove them crazy, hoping that we'd be in their ranks nine months from that moment.

Flash forward 4 years. We have two monkeys. We are the frazzled parents. Ours are the kids melting down. We are the ones looking at expectant parents like they are smoking crack when they nod lovingly at each other and then at us when our child spills milk and loses it.

What. Were. We. Thinking!!!!!!!

No comments: