Saturday, January 23, 2010

Still here....

Hi there. Remember me? I used to have a blog that I wrote daily. Now I have a blog that I think about writing, but rarely get the chance. I wish I could write more, but there are only so many hours in the day.

Right now, Amelie is at the end of her 11th week here in our big blue world. She goes to bed early, and wakes at 11, 2, and 5 for feeding. Sure, if I were a late to bed person, that would mean 2 night feedings after bed. But I go to bed at 9 and get up with her at 5 or so, so basically, I am tired all the time because she's just not ready to sleep through the night yet.

On the positive side, she's ready for bed at 6:30, and yes, I realize that most people would recommend that I push back her bedtime a bit so that I'd wake fewer times in the night. Maybe I have failed to mention that we've tried virtually every bedtime and she basically sleeps and wakes during the same time segments regardless of when she goes down? Yeah, I know this because I am a dorky Type A person and I actually collected all of her sleep data over the last 60 days and found that if she goes to bed at 6 PM or we wake her and feed her again at 9PM (or anything in between), she will still wake around 11. So we stopped doing that...

Me? Well, sometimes I wonder if there is still a "me". I am so consumed by taking care of two babies that things like shaving my legs, doing my nails, and having my eyebrows done are a rarity. Today? I colored my own hair. No, not to save the $200 it costs to have it done...hell, I'd pay $200 just to sit in a chair for the 2 hours it takes. Basically it was out of necessity and lack of time. I wonder how Kate Gosselin ever managed to keep her reverse mullot so perfectly sculpted with 8 kids....who has time to go get their hair done?

Is this a complaint? Nope. I am happy. I love my girls. I am still madly in love with my husband who is the world's best father. I am just tired. Very tired. Oh, yeah, and constantly stained, oh yeah, and I don't ever have the chance to look in the mirror after my initial shower/makeup routine at 5AM, so I'm pretty sure I'm unattractive, too. But I wouldn't trade this for anything. Having Amelie is a gift...I'm so fortunate to have another baby to care for.

No comments: