Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tomorrow is almost here

Tomorrow is my big day...Amelie will join the world sometime before 8AM. I can't wait. I'm ready.

I'm not ready, however, to leave Alia. All day, Ajay has had to put up with my annoying reminders of what time of day she gets juice, when she gets milk, how to keep her safer from herself. I suppose he's smart enough to know that I'm freaking out about being away from her. And that's when I got a note from a friend telling me when she was in the hospital, she was dying to see her other kids, and when they came to her room after her delivery, they were more interested in all the new buttons to push than seeing her. Her wisdom of enjoying this solo time with Amelie did not fall on deaf ears...it was just the input I needed. After all, as she said, I'll be back home before I know it, and there won't be a nice nurse to bring me things!

So in 10 hours give or take, I'll be meeting my new little girl. I can't wait to see what she looks like, hear what her little cries sound like, hold her little hands, and cuddle her tightly. I can't wait to put her on my chest and watch as she sleeps there...Poor Alia squirms away from my needy Mommy hugs, but I get a whole new chance of anytime cuddling with little Amelie.

Today I've taken it really easy. Ajay's Mom and I went for manicure/pedicures, and while they took Alia to town for a walkabout, I napped for a few hours, which is all my bladder would allow. Now that everyone else in the house is resting, I have a few minutes alone with my thoughts. I realize I'm not nervous this time around. I don't have the "we're going to Disneyland tomorrow" feeling that I had when I was going into the hospital last time either...I am much more calm and even keeled. I'm not worried that I'll die during the c-section, that the baby will be cut by my doctor's scalpel, or any of those other odd fears I had last time. I feel comfortable that I'm in good hands.

I've arranged for plenty of help for Maya while Ajay and I are in the hospital tomorrow. We have the best neighbors in the world right across the street, who have always had an open door policy when it comes to Alia drop-ins. All in all? We're all set! Amelie arrives tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jen said...

good luck!

Travelwahine said...

I've been thinking of you and Amelie. I'm sure she's here by now. Post pics soon. I can't wait to see her. Congratulations!