Monday, July 20, 2009

From Turkey

So today I'm up at the crack of dawn here in Turkey...still a little jet lagged on day 3, but am so proud that Alia has adjusted so well and did an amazing job on our 22 hour journey here. Let's just say Alia was better behaved than some of the adult passengers on the plane and leave it at that.

So Alia has taken to Turkey like a duck to water. Her grandmother had a crib ready for her on arrival, so Alia feels right at home. Last night, which was our second day here, we walked through town and got the opportunity to show Alia everything we've been telling her about....the lovely waterfront area of Turkbuku, the glittery hand made jewelry on display for the whole stretch of the waterfront, the ducks, the megayachts in the harbor, and the lovely dress shops for her browsing pleasure. I'd say Alia is happy as a clam.

Today is Alia's first birthday. I'll be writing her monthly note a little later, but just wanted to mark the occasion by saying that I cannot believe Alia has been with us for a year already. My teeny tiny baby has turned into a bright, happy, ready to walk little girl. It's bittersweet, in a way. Now I know why they say that you'll always be your Mother's baby. While I am so happy and proud of the little toddler she is becoming, there is part of me that just wants to stop time and savor this time in her life.

But speaking of teeny tiny babies...can you believe I'm 24 weeks along already? It's crazy...time is flying. I can't believe that we'll be meeting the next little Lalvani in 15 weeks...I'm blown away by this.

That's it for now...time to give Alia her morning bottle...or is it her afternoon bottle? Or what the hell time is it around here, anyway!?

No comments: