Take for example organic whole fat plain yogurt. You couldn't ask for a better food for a one year old...pure goodness even down to the fat content for brain development. The problem is, Alia wants yogurt at every meal...as every meal...as in, nothing but yogurt all the time...and it seems that this causes her to poop little painful rocks every two or three days. It's so sad.
So, I cut out yogurt and all other foods that could bind her up for a few days. I gave her blueberries, peaches, nectarines on demand. And that's when we had the opposite problem...you get the idea.
So today, we're back to allowing yogurt into her diet to slow things up a bit; only, after 5 straight meals of yogurt yogurt yogurt, I thought I'd try to add some other food groups to her diet: Trader Joe's Organic Spaghetti O's....hidden beneath a bed of smooth, creamy yogurt.
That's right...I just hid junk food behind healthy food so my daughter would eat it. Did I really just admit that?
2 comments:
Funny!
Okay...I don't know if Trader Joe's Organic Spaghetti O's qualifies as junk food. It's not like you had a Big Mac under there.
Post a Comment