We've showered, and begin to think about further preparations....hors douvres, shining the wine glasses, adding the place settings to the table when it happens.
See, Alia is supposed to be taking a nap in her favorite swing. But lately, she does not want to take a nap....ever. She squawks, whines, cries, yells at us....you get the idea. And no, she hasn't outgrown her need for naps...she gets really cranky and overly tired and still needs her beauty sleep! So we're hearing her little protests for quite awhile...longer than usual. So I decide to peek in and see what's up...and to my horror, to my dismay, to my absolute devastation, I see my little monkey muffin swinging back and forth, pondering her hands, which are covered in feces.
It seems with her new love of blueberries come some sad side effects... loose stool. Apparently she had a diaper blow out and became curious about what in the heck that stuff was.
So nearly panicking, I shout for Ajay, unlatch her poop-covered safety belts, and whisk her away to the tub. And for the next forty minutes, the two of us worked on detailing the shit out of our house before the dinner guests arrived...that's right...literally! And today? When I hear the squawks coming from the bedroom? I can't help myself...I peek in and check again and again. And ordered a video monitor!
No comments:
Post a Comment