Here I am, back at home. Suitcases everywhere. Unpacked, for the most part....well, the dirty laundry has all been unpacked and washed and put away. But the other stuff....clean clothes, Alia's suitcase full of everything from baby wipes and diapers and formula...I'm just not motivated to unpack it. I don't feel motivated to do anything, really. Granted, we're leaving on a big trip in another few weeks, so in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, why unpack it at all when I'm just going to turn around in a couple of weeks and put the exact same stuff back in that bag?
When we got home, I was so happy that the house was clean and everything was pretty much in order. I made a mental note to try my best to keep it from getting really messy again, as I do every time the house is in good shape. But then Alia plays...toys everywhere. I make dinner, and do the dishes, but manage to not wash a few things. And then there's the laundry that was all done within 24 hours of being home...why do I get it 87% of the way done? I put away everything of Ajay's and Alia's, and then leave random stuff of my own out, unfolded, and unfinished? What's my problem? When did being a productive stay at home Mom become a half productive stay at home lazy slacker?
Oh yeah, there is that matter of the human growing inside me. Perhaps that has something to do with it? But the confusing part is I still have all those nesting urges....I just lack the follow through! Where is the energy at 2:30PM?
No comments:
Post a Comment