So on this particular night, Alia was grumbling away. Whining. I hate whining. There's nothing worse to me that hearing whining. And Alia's whine is exceptional. It hits the perfect pitch that nearly blinds me and crosses my eyes at the same time.
So as the whining began---her little protest----I decided I'd had enough for one day and said "Alia? No whining." I said it in a matter-of-fact way, not an emotional reaction. A statement of how things were to be. And she looked up at me and whined one more time. To this I responded with Noooo. And to this she responded Yaaaaaah. I cracked a smile, and repeated Noooo. And she smiled and said YAAAAH! All the while, she is standing on the kitchen island (Ajay holding her in a standing position, that is) in only her diaper....belly sticking out, her little butt sticking out, and her index finger in her belly button. Now if that wasn't a site. And talk about the perfect combination of imagery and delivery. I'd say that Alia won that debate, but since we both got what we wanted, and Alia's whines turned into laughter, I'll call it a win-win.
No comments:
Post a Comment