I'm a sucker when it comes to free shipping. For everything I order online, from diapers and formula to birthday presents and miscellaneous products, I always look for free shipping. I will up my order to meet the requirement, which, I realize, is NOT saving me money, but that's another discussion for another day. Anyway, I may have reached my limit.
See, it's Amazon.com. I've been buying stuff on Amazon since I can remember. Books, specialty skin products that I'd have to drive into L.A. for, Alia's extra special favorite sleepy time friend (yes, that would be her sleep sak)...you get the idea.
This week I was online looking for a replacement of Alia's favorite pop-up book. See, with Alia's enthusiasm, there's hardly anything left that pops up...it's all been torn out in her bouts of glee. Anyway, I find the book. Available new or used from $3.99. Add on the Ergo baby carrier that my friend swears is waaaay better than the Baby Bjorn, which Alia outgrew at about 6 months (to be honest, it tweaked my back way before then, but I loved having use of both arms and suffered through it), and we have free shipping.
Ooops, hold on. If I choose the lowest price new book at $3.99, it does not receive free shipping. Only if I buy the Amazon book at $9.99 does the free shipping apply. Okay, a few clicks and we're there. I buy the book for $6 more than I need to pay, but hey, free shipping on the entire order, right? Right!
So today, after waiting for my Ergo carrier to arrive, I decide to check the status on my delivery. HUH?! It expects to ship somewhere around June 15th? But I placed the order about a week ago! That's still two weeks away. Huh? How can it be that inefficient? Did they have to go out and make the baby carrier themselves? Seriously...not even leaving for another 2 weeks? And for a mere $10 I could have had 3-5 day shipping. Yeah, about the difference in paying for the more expensive book so I could get the free shipping.
I've learned my lesson...I think.
1 comment:
That just happened to me! I bought 2 photography books in the beginning of April. The first book finally shipped about a month ago. I just received the second book YESTERDAY! I've never had Amazon take so long to ship something before. With both books, I received an email stating they wouldn' be able to ship within the original timeframe (which was something like a couple weeks after I placed the order.
Post a Comment