Thursday, June 4, 2009

Turkey, Here we come....well, kind of...

This morning Ajay emailed our itineraries for me to print out for my annual "Turkey" travel file. Except for last year, we have been going every year since our first trip in 2004. Since then, Ajay's Mom has moved there almost year-round, and we look forward to spending as much of the summer there as we can...usually 3 weeks.

When I printed the itineraries, I found myself getting excited and really looking forward to the upcoming trip. Sure, I'll be 24 weeks pregnant when we go. Sure, it's a reeeeeally long flight for a girl like me (with a baby like Alia). Sure, it's going to be pretty much miserable getting there...but once we're there? I just can't wait!

I can't wait to get back to the village. I can't wait to go for daily swims in the Aegean. I can't wait to have manti for lunch every day. I can't wait to pick out vegetables from the vegetable stand. I can't wait to take nightly walks in the village. I can't wait to show Alia around this wonderful little spot! Only 5 more weeks and we go!

No comments: