Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The latest

On Friday I had my 7 week ultrasound and all looked well....the new baby's little heart was fluttering away. Apparently the baby is now the size of a blueberry...how cute!

I got a call later in the day from Dr. H's office. They let me know that I needed to start taking progesterone. It seems my progesterone level had dropped from 35 to 19.5, and Dr. H likes the number to be greater than 20. She also noted that while my progesterone was just barely on the low side, it was a fairly sizable drop off, so it was a good idea to supplement.

When I asked her if I should worry, Dr. H told me this is something she sees all the time in her infertility patients. Huh?! Oh yeah! I AM an infertility patient! See, since I got prego on my own this time, I kind of forgot that I am fertility-challenged!

So I began on the progesterone on Friday night. To my surprise, the stuff made me dizzy and extremely tired....as if I'm not already worn out from Alia-wrangling and from being in my first trimester! On Saturday morning I took my second dose. Let's just say both Mommy and Alia really enjoyed a looooong morning nap that day. When I woke up to sounds of Alia squeaking in the monitor, I jumped up and was shocked to see that I had slept for 2 hours! How long had Alia been awake? OMG! This stuff is hard core! How come I don't remember this from my last pregnancy? Oh yeah!!! My last pregnancy? I didn't have Alia yet! I could nap for 3 hours at a time!

So now I take the stuff after Alia goes to bed, and then again in the middle of the night when I wake up to pee. No, it's not perfectly spread out, but I seriously cannot care for Alia and take the stuff during the day! Hopefully this is good enough!

No comments: