Yesterday morning, I was up and showered early, so I thought it might be fun to take Alia into town for some errands and stop for a coffee for me and a bottle for her. We hit the dry cleaners, the bank, and then the Zinc Cafe downtown Laguna.
I grabbed a coffee, and Alia sat on my lap and enjoyed her bottle. We people watched, watched birds flying overhead, dogs walking by and clouds going by overhead. Alia was in heaven. She enjoyed seeing everything so much that she fell asleep in the car in the 2 minute drive back home.
With yesterday's enjoyment, and being up and at 'em early again today, I thought, why not? So we headed to town again. We strolled around and window shopped on our way to the cafe, and once there, again, Alia loved it. She cooed. She flirted with people at nearby tables. She was very happy. And again, was snoring by the time we got home.
So there you have it...our new morning routine. I think getting out and about early is a good thing for both of us. For me, it assures that I don't end up in my PJs at 2PM wondering where the day went. And for Alia, it adds some structure to her morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment