Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My little Leo

Way back when I was pregnant with twins, I looked at my due date of July 29 and realized holy moly, I'm going to give birth to not one, but two little Leos. In addition to Ajay being a Leo, I began to feel, well, a little overwhelmed. Three Leos in one house, and me, the little Picses. How would I ever have a prayer, or any peace for that matter.


So somewhere in the fourth month, my OB told me she hoped I would go to 38 weeks, and anything beyond that was cruel and unusual punishment for a twin pregnancy. I quickly consulted my astrological signs book and realized wooopeee! I'll have Cancers instead of Leos. Water signs to match my water sign. Homebodies to keep me company!


Then, I lost my little guy, and I no longer had a twin pregnancy, which meant there was no reason that I shouldn't go to full term (here we go again...Leo!!). Since I opted to stick to the original plan for a C-Section, my OB informed me that Alia would be born during 39th week. Oh, and did I mention that at this point the "family astrologer" in India was contacted about which day would be most auspicious? This is the same family astrologer that chose our wedding day. Anyway, the family astrologer told us that July 21 would be the best day for Alia...yep, that's right...a Cancer.


And that's how it went...my OB agreed to allow us to have Alia on July 21. Alia is a Cancer. Technically.


Last night, however, while Alia decided to stand bolt upright and shriek at the top of her lungs in her kitchen-sink bath tub, Ajay laughed out loud and said, "Forget all the maneuvering and planning, I think we've got ourselves a little Leo, here!" And the more I thought about it, the more I actually have to agree.


Alia has a fundamental need to be the center of attention. She loves to be out and about...new faces, new places. She loves when we go on vacation, because in her eyes, it's the perfect way for us to better focus all our attention on her...since Daddy isn't working and Mommy isn't running the house.


As I said before, Alia's new favorite past time is to shriek for attention...she especially loves to this while naked in the tub, but any location will do...preferably a quiet location where she can get the most bang for her shrieking buck.


And now that we're back to our old routine...the routine that I'm happy with being a homebody Picses, Alia seems, well, a little bored! Our evening walks now seem boring to her...her same old neighborhood compared to all the sounds and sights and lights of the city streets of San Francisco.


There seems to be nothing greater to Alia than the huge Farmer's Market...even if she did nap through most of it...


or wine shopping with Daddy


or a nice lunch at a spectacular restaurant


or grabbing a beer (literally) with Mommy


And who could forget the mirrored elevator in the hotel just waiting for a good old fashioned game of Peek-a Boo! Yep...that's my little Leo.

No comments: