Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm so lucky

What a rough few days it's been! A couple of days ago, I woke up and my immediate thought was uh-oh. I felt sick to my stomach. And considering that Ajay had been under the weather for several days while we were in Florida, I had a feeling that I knew what was ahead of me.

Long story short? When Ajay left for work, I had already begun throwing up and well, you know, the other end too also joined the party. I couldn't leave the toilet by 8:30 in the morning. By 9:00 I called Ajay at work and begged him to try to do whatever he could to come home early...that I couldn't take care of Alia since at this point, vomit was coming from my nose!

That's when I heard my neighbors voices in my head..."if you ever need anything...we're just a few steps away". Now seriously, there are good neighbors and there are good neighbors, but our good neighbors would win any prize in that category. They've become our adopted family and we're so fortunate to have them. So I picked up the phone, and between dry heaves and tears, asked if Carol could come and stay with Alia during the day until Ajay got home. And she didn't hesitate...she was here within a blink of an eye.

So I spent the day in bed, and in the bathroom, and Alia spent some quality time with Aunt Carol. From time to time, I would wake from my coma to go barf or well, you get the picture, and I would hear Carol's sweet voice talking to Alia, and Alia cooing back to Carol. Not only did Carol save the day, but I actually think Alia preferred a change of pace!

So there you have it...Alia's first time being baby sat. And we both survived!

No comments: