Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

Well, this is our first Thanksgiving with Alia, and it's been one year to the day that we announced that I was pregnant. Last year, we had about 20 people here at the house for Thanksgiving, and so much has changed since then.

First and foremost, I am thankful that I am married to my soul mate. I can't imagine what my life would be without him. We've navigated through a lot together, and every step of the way, I've always known without a doubt that I am married to a good man. A caring man. He is kind and supportive and sensitive. He loves his family above anything else, and is a wonderful husband and an amazing father.

I am thankful for my beautiful little girl Alia. I never knew that love could feel like this...so completely protective and 100% without question. The journey we traveled to add this little lady to our family was long and at times tumultuous, and I'd do it again a hundred times over if I had to. I am thankful that every morning when I go in to greet her in her crib, she has a wide open smile for me. She squeaks with happiness when she sees me for the first time. I am thankful that she is healthy and happy. I am thankful she is going to be raise in a family that loves her so much. I am thankful that Ajay's hard work allows me to stay at home and experience every moment of her life.

I am thankful for my friends and family. My family and friends have given me a lot of support over the last few years. At times when I was ready to throw in the towel on having a baby because the drugs were screwing with my head too much and making me downright miserable...the people in my life saw me through it. And now that Alia is here, these same people are still right along side of me to share in the joy that she brings.

I guess you could summarize that I am thankful for knowing love like I know it.

No comments: