Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Because we haven't had enough photoshoots

As you know, we failed to capture any photos of Alia with her two cousins at Ajay's Dad's 70th birthday photo session. So when my sister in law called and said she was having her own photo shoot for her girls at her house this past weekend, we jumped on the opportunity to join in and try to get the coveted shot. 

My sister in law had all sorts of great ideas about themes and genres to photograph the girls in. She had Christmas outfits, Indian outfits, tutus, tap shoes, ballet shoes, and tons of miscellaneous accessories for the girls. I brought Alia's tutu. 

When the photographer got there and was taken to what Lena dubbed "wardrobe", she took in all the different clothes and ideas with apprehension. Three girls? Two of them babies? And all these costume changes? Hmmm. Maybe we should think about prioritizing.

So we decided to do the girls in tutus first, and that would be the only photo for Miss Alia, who historically doesn't do so well with these types of things. So I dressed her up, and she was happy. Very happy.
Look at me! I'm wearing my tutu! I'm on a big bean bag! I'm happy!!!

Then we added Alia's cousin Ciela, who is 6 months old and typically the most chilled baby in the universe.
Hey! Wait a minute...I don't know if I like this anymore...no one said I'd have to share my bean bag!


Finally, we added Haylah. And the shot was complete...except, well, Ciela of all babies decided that she didn't like this.
...and that's when Alia decided to join in with her very own special brand of inconsolable melt-down. And then? It was time to go home...after, of course, Daddy calmed Alia down just a bit. Oh, and the best part? The photographer didn't capture a single shot of the girls...my snapshots are the only proof that captured this day!


No comments: