Before watching the convention, I had been online shopping for Alia's Halloween costume. Our fertility doctor has a Halloween party every year for all the little ones that she helped to bring into the world, and unlike my own Halloween costumes that are consistently left to the last minute and scraped together, I wanted Alia's costume to be chosen rather than sorting through what everyone else didn't want.
At this point, there are so many cute costumes to choose from. After looking through hundreds...well, maybe not hundreds, but quite a few baby costumes, I decided this one was the cutest for Alia....

Okay, what does this have to do with the Democratic National Convention? Patience, friends, patience. But isn't this the perfect segue back the the Democratic National Convention?
So we're watching the convention, and after much speculation and commentary, Hillary enters the jam packed stadium. She looks great...only, what's with the orange pant suit? I mean, we all know by now to expect nothing but pant suits from Hillary, but orange? Now, know that this critique is coming from a person who cannot, I repeat, cannot wear orange, so for me, orange is never an option...so perhaps this is why my mind immediately challenged the choice. But also, having spent all day looking at Halloween costumes, rather than this....
![]()
I saw this....
So I told Ajay that I had seen a much cuter suit than the one Hillary was wearing, but considering it was a pumpkin outfit maybe she wouldn't be taken seriously enough...
...which lead me to another alternative...Alia's costume...she totally should have worn the elephant outfit!!! And then I couldn't get the image out of my head, and laughed through her entire speech and missed the whole thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment