Last week, Maya and I hit the Apple store to shop for a new laptop for Ajay for his 40th birthday, which is just around the corner. He has had the Powerbook G4 for about 4 years, and is a true Apple convert. When it became clear that his computer had seen better days, there was no question in his mind that he would replace what he had with a new version of the exact same thing.
Me? I've always been a PC person. I am no expert, but you could say that I'm very computer savvy. I am proficient in all that Microsoft has to offer. I like to right-click my mouse, which I see as one of the major limiting factors of the Apple line.
That was before.
Before what? Well, before spending a few hours in the Apple store. When we bought the computer, we also decided to by Apple's One-to-One program which allows you to come in once a week for an hour and have one-to-one tutoring on anything you want to learn about on your Apple machine. How about that? So Ajay and I had our first session on Sunday morning and can I just say WOW????
I mean, I've always heard that Apple is much more user-friendly and more integrated than a PC. But for me, I guess I just didn't get it---I felt proud that I could happily navigate through all the obstacles my old PC threw at me. Who needs something so easy when you have decades of problem-solving under your belt??? I mean, can we say lazy?
During this first One-to-One session, we ran through all sorts of programs that came with the computer...from amazing photo capability with iPhoto, to the interface with my free iTouch that came with the computer to making our own music, we were like creative kids in a candy store! Maybe...just maybe....I'll create a photo book of our wedding photos before our 4 year anniversary!
The only sad part is that I'm afraid Ajay will never get to use his new computer...he'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment