Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Braxton Hicks

Did I spell that right? Braxton Hicks....you know...the practice contractions the uterus does to scare first time Moms? Well, last night was my first experience with lots and lots of contractions...every 20-35 minutes to be exact. Before yesterday, I thought I had felt contractions before, but now I have for sure experienced them. And wouldn't you know it...it was the night that Ajay was first call at the hospital, meaning he was there over night.


So here's what happened...Ajay's Mom and friend arrived yesterday, so while I was making a simple no frills dinner I started feeling contractions. I marked when the contraction occurred with my dive watch. Then, again, 20 minutes later, I felt the contractions again...and again 25 minutes later...and then 30 minutes later. So after an hour and half, I paged Ajay. He told me, "it's probably nothing, but call Dr. K anyway just to make sure." So that's what I did.


Dr. K reconfirmed Ajay's suspicion that it was just my uterus warming up for the baby to come. I told her if she really wanted to come out she was big enough and old enough, but the doctors were right and it was just a practice run.

No comments: