Thursday I had an appointment with Dr. K to check in on little Alia. I had an ultrasound and a doctor visit. It was nice that Ajay was able to get done with work in time to join us.
First, I had the ultrasound. We went in, me anxiously nervous but very excited to see my girl, and at the same time just hoping that everything they see is a-okay and healthy. First, the stenographer scanned for the heartbeat. At first I didn't see it, which I think may have made my heart stop for a moment...but as she moved the probe around my belly, I saw the elusive movement and instantly was able to exhale again.
Today's ultrasound was an attempt to measure how big the baby's head, torso, and femurs are, as well as my amniotic fluid measurement. Then with the estimated numbers, they compare my little baby to the average sized baby at this time. At this stage of the game, it is only an estimate, and not really accurate, but Alia seems to be a big girl! At almost 3 pounds, she's in the 88th percentile for babies her age. We saw her in her classic pose...one hand behind her head, one knee crossed over the other...I swear this girl is going to be born to lounge. She also got the hiccups while we were watching her. Talk about cute! Oh, and the amniotic fluid level looked great too.
Lately I've noticed that Alia's weight is getting too great for me to lie on my back beyond a few minutes...I have been trying to sleep on my left side for a long time now, but only now have felt the effects of the lack of circulation back to the heart that happens when lying on my back...apparently this squishes the vena cava closed and keeps blood flow from returning to the heart. My appointment at the dentist earlier this week was proof of this phenomona, and as a result was pretty trying...I had to keep lying on my side to get my circulation going...and the ultrasound this week wasn't much different. When it was over, I was totally light headed when I sat up.
Let's see...what else...
Oh! I think we have an E.T.A.! We're going to try to have Alia on July 21st. This is the date that my mother in law got from her astrologer in India. It's supposed to be a very auspiscious day for us! We'll see if Dr. K can arrange that day.
Also, I did get the results back from the second gestational diabetes test and guess what! Not even a blip on the radar. She thinks the first test was a total outlier. So all the talk of giving up cake regardless of results? Out the window, my friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment