Tuesday, May 6, 2008

28 weeks...the final frontier

This week I enter the third trimester...wow...the second one was really long. I didn't realize before I was pregnant that the first and third trimesters are 12 weeks, and the second trimester takes up the slack and is a whopping 16 weeks...who knew? I mean, doesn't the word trimester seem to point to three equal portions? Not so, apparently.

Anyway, I'm now preparing for Alia's arrival in earnest. I have signed up for breastfeeding classes as well as caring for baby classes at the hospital...I have made a screening appointment with a pediatrician recommended by my OB. I even met one of my Mom girlfriends at Babies R Us last night and worked on my baby registry. Seems like time is going to start flying!

Nesting is now a daily activity...yesterday I finished planting a little garden on the back of the house. Previously, this area was a dump site...old broken pots, plants in various stages of death and dying, yucky broken outdoor stuff. You know...the stuff you keep meaning to throw away but every time you attempt to do so, there's a big scary spider, or worse, a reptile of sorts, crawling on or around the junk? Well, procrastinate no more...the area has been reclaimed and is now un-scary!


This shot is probably the best at showing the whole collection, although the little jade plant in the front is a space holder and doesn't really belong in this group of plants...the pot doesn't really match. Long story short, the pot that really goes there is having a drainage hole drilled and as soon as that's done, I'll be able to plant the last of the four planters.

This planter turned out well...I like the mix of grasses with the weird little succulents...they have such personality!

Here's another planter...I think the middle plant looks like something you'd find in the depths of the ocean.



And here's what you see from my office window...so much better than the former pile of junk. Why oh why didn't I take a "before" shot to truly demonstrate just how much better this looks? (Probably disgust and embarrassment!)

No comments: