In the book, the author provides all sorts of questions you should consider asking said pediatrician...from do they accept our insurance to are they available on weekends.
Since we love my OB, and Ajay has worked with her for years at the hospital, we thought we'd just pre-screen whoever she recommended. She recommended, we set up the appointment.
Upon entering the office, I was overwhelmed at the instant increase in noise level...there were little people running everywhere. Screaming. Shouting. Crying. Shrieking. Jumping. Hitting. Biting. Digging. They were everywhere.
I must have looked like a deer in the headlights, because the lady in the window asked "are you Andrea?" Why? Do I look like a "New Mom Consult"? Considering I've got my child on the inside and I'm holding hands with my husband and looking around with an "oh, shit!" look on my face, it was probably a pretty safe guess.
So we filled out the form, received a brochure about this pediatric group, and began to read up on the doc we were referred to. She's a Mom. Excellent. She works part-time. Fine by me. She specializes in teen issues and eating disorders. Ahhh, this is where my evil brain begins to play. It constructed a whole different list of questions to ask just for kicks.
- When will the baby lose it's baby fat?
- Do you think this baby makes me look fat?
- The baby...what if she eats too much?
- How do you feel about pageants?
- Do you really think that eating disorders are a problem?
- Where do you think I can get the most slimming clothes for the baby?
- Are you against babies working out?
- I guess you're against smoking for weight control? For babies, too?
In the end, she was great. We liked her. Sign us up. Pediatrician found. One more check in the box in the preparing for baby list.
No comments:
Post a Comment