Monday, April 21, 2008

Who's the fat chic?

Today I went to have my blood drawn for the gestational diabetes test. I drank the super sweet orange drink and headed to the nearest lab for the blood draw. I brought a book because with this test, apparently timing is everything and I had to have the blood drawn exactly one hour after drinking the stuff.

So I signed in, grabbed my book and sat down in the middle of a long bank of empty waiting room chairs. After taking my seat, in my peripheral vision I caught a glimpse of a heavy set girl sitting to my right.

It was weird...she moved when I moved. She turned pages when I turned pages. Finally curiosity got the best of me and I nonchalantly glimpsed to my right.

I was looking right back at myself in the mirror. I was the fat chic.

That's when I realized I do look like I'm more than 6 months pregnant. From the side, my belly looked huge. And let's just say that wearing a horizontally striped hoodie was not the best look for this girl.

No comments: