I was inspired by some canvases I saw in the Pottery Barn Baby catalog...

Anyway, I also started re-looking at strollers this past weekend. If you've read my earlier blogs, you may remember that I bought a twin stroller months ago, and when I lost my little guy, returning the stroller was really painful, and I wasn't ready to even think about single strollers until now. And so, like I said, having all the time in the world (apparently), I've begun the search for the perfect single stroller that best fits our lifestyle.
Insert the sound of a needle being dragged across a vinyl record here....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. Ummm, hello? If I have the baby on July 21 (which is the perfect day according to our family astrologer in India), that means I only have 13 weeks until she gets here! I haven't finished a single book about caring for babies...I'm still reading "I, Elizabeth"...a seemingly even longer epic considering I read one page at a time and then fall asleep. And if I'm not reading that, I'm reading one of my four new cookbooks. And baby shower? Haven't even given it a thought! My girlfriends have been asking me for quite awhile when I want to have it, and true to form I just keep on putting off being pinned down by choosing a date.
I remember when both my sister-in-laws were 26 weeks pregnant (like I am now) and both of them have had their babies...and it seems like the time went by in the blink of an eye! So when do I plan to read about how to make a baby live and thrive? I mean, not that I'm a by the book type of person...quite the contrary...being the youngest child, I definitely thumb my nose to authority and do things my own way....but when it comes to baby care, a little information will go a long way, considering I haven't ever cared for one. So like I said, when do I plan to read the carefully constructed library of baby books? After the "CAKE!!!" book? After "I, Elizabeth?" At this rate, that could be next year sometime! What have I been thinking???? We're going to have a baby!!!! Soon!!!
Okay, inhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale.
Exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale.
It's all going to be okay.
Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.
No comments:
Post a Comment