My sister came to California for a visit over her Easter/Spring Break break from school (she's a teacher), so I've been tied up most of the week. She visited from Indiana, and we had a really good time together...mainly focused on retail therapy.
My sister and I shop well together. She's a tiny little thing...size 0, so it's fun to try things on her like a little doll---all the clothes that I couldn't, shouldn't, or wouldn't dare look fantastic on her little frame. So from store to store we went....me more looking than trying on because regular clothes don't really fit me anymore, and it's just no fun to try on my old size 6 (no prayer), then an 8 (still too tight), then a 10 (now we're getting somewhere, but still tight in the belly) a 12? still doesn't fit---too big in the shoulders and hanging on me in some places and then tight on the belly...and then the final realization that my body isn't shaped like a normal girl and none of the clothes will fit...until I make my special trip to the maternity store.
We walked into the Maternity Gap store and all the clothes looked like bed sheets compared to the tiny little cute things I'd been harvesting from the racks for my sister. No longer am I a XXL in this store...I'm a petite little Medium...my normal size! Forget that all the tops have enough fabric to cover an elephant...I'm just happy that some one is calling me a "medium"!
Finally in the end we hit Bloomingdale's Private Sale. Equipped with my Private Sale coupons, we browsed around awhile. I have a weakness for nice sunglasses, and to my utter surprise, sunglasses still fit the same!!! What a perfect product!!! I can try them all on and they all fit and none of them require me to ask the lady if they come in any larger sizes!!! So blissfully, I ended up not only with a fashionable pair of new designer glasses, but I also was able to take advantage of the Private Sale...so really I saved money...if you really think about it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment