Today for example. I have one tree outside that I decorate each year. It has a dozen or so ornaments suited for outdoors, as well as lights...simple white lights. Oh, and a beautiful gorgeous BIG brass Om symbol I got in Little India a fews years back, just to keep it real in my little haven.
So although the holidays got too busy and I never finished this post, here's a run down of how things went trying to hang a few for-the-love-of-baby-Jesus Christmas lights.
- got new lights bc one strand didn't work
- bought 2 instead of 1 just to be sure
- these have a hint of lavender instead of gold
- the front tree was already decorated with 2 strands of goldish lights
- The inside and most prominant tree was in need of one last strand.
- 4PM: realize lights don't match
- 4:01: decide we could make a stripe effect with gold/lavendar/gold lights on the indoor tree since outdoor tree is done.
- 4:45: have pulled all original lights off. Re-position new lights on tree every-other strand in order to get the "I meant to do this"effect. But I didn't mean to do it. And the tree screamed that.
- 5:00 Girls say I'm hungry. Lights everywhere. Some have stopped working. Amelie steps on one bulb shattering it
- 5:01:Make dinner...I have no plan...how about scrambleed eggs! With cheese! That's fun! Right?
- 5:15: Re-light in door tree with all lavendarish lights after pulling them violently from the outside tree.
- 5:20: Ajay walks in and says, hey! the tree looks nice.
Good he didn't notice the smoke coming from my ears....that would have been showing idealistic expectations!
No comments:
Post a Comment