Thursday, June 7, 2012

Legoland here we come!

Tomorrow the Lalvanis are heading south to Carlsbad/San Diego for a fun filled weekend with the girls. Friday, we'll be there when the gates open at Legoland, and Saturday we hope to check in with the Pandas that Ajay helped to create (through artificial insemination) during his anesthesia residency in San Diego so many years ago at the San Diego Zoo.

So, today both girls attended Montessori, I grabbed a bonus workout with my trainer since I'll be missing my Friday session, and I worked out all the details of what needed to be packed for the next two days.

A little over a year ago when we did this same trip, it was like moving an army.  The lists and lists required to move my family 80 miles was comical. Formula. Check. Bottles. Check. Bottle brush. Check. Portable potty for Alia. Check. Diapers for Amelie. Check. Baby food for Amelie. Check.

And this time? Dare I say traveling is getting just a little bit easier? Sure I have to plan multiple outfits per day for each girl, as well and Ajay's stuff and my own. Now crayons and coloring books and favorite bedtime story books replace the baby paraphernalia of yesteryear. Now it seems that we are traveling with more person than infant.

So more to come of our weekend away. I'm hoping to reclaim my blog and post more often in the latter part of 2012. Oh, and here's a current photo of the girls.



No comments: