In fact, it's been so long since I kept up with a regular daily blog that I couldn't even figure out how to get into my blog and sign in and start writing today...that's how much has changed since even my last entry.
So where am I now? Where is our little family now? Well, of course we're here in Laguna, but we know that's not what I'm asking.
Right now we are getting ready for the holidays. Wrapping presents, listening to endless Christmas music via Pandora, and enjoying the season as best we can. However, this year seems to be busier than ever, and we've been struggling a little just to keep up with the day to day. Ajay has been working like crazy. He's gone at 6AM and returns maybe one day a week before the girls bedtime at 7. The rest of the nights he's been home late late late. And even his days that are supposed to be short have been running long. He's burned out, exhausted, and with all the work has not been able to train at the gym, which means his hips and back are locking up. And the girls? They miss him terribly. Alia has her own brand of naughty when he's not around much, which makes me crazy. And Amelie, our little pack animal, misses him in her own way...she gets sweeter and sweeter and needs cuddles. Lots of cuddles. So like I said...we've had a tough month.
And sure, all that impacts me, too. I'm sad that my husband is working like a maniac and missing home life.
And I'd be lying if I said I'm just awesome at managing all things all the time, especially when my Alia is just about the most head strong person I've ever come across in my life....not most head strong 3 year old...the most head strong person out of all people. At times I feel like I'm failing her because my endless patience and positive outlook ends and turns sour. And Amelie...well, she's easy. Since her colic ended at about 4 months, she has been a gem of a human being.
Lately, I feel like a very fortunate single Mom (that doesn't have to work, but is in charge of all things without a partner many days). With Alia testing me to my maximum nearly every day, I'm a step from tears or pulling my hair out nearly every day. The magic of the season spreading through the air like the magical snow flakes that gave life to Frosty the Snowman eludes us.
But enough of my holiday blues. Actually right now is a very peaceful and wonderful time. Alia and Amelie are napping. Ajay is home and reading in his favorite chair. And I'm here typing away. Nothing could make me happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment