We arrived here in Turkbuku late Wednesday night. This time we decided to break journey in Frankfurt, which lengthened the journey but provided a much needed bed and place for the girls to run around. And the crazy thing about traveling 8 timezones is sleep is very confused...in fact, as I lie awake in my bed at 2 AM, I began wondering when the gym in the hotel would open. So around 5 AM I got up and decided to find out. But first, coffee! I went downstairs to the lobby where I found a very empty cafe. I ordered a coffee and inquired about the gym, and mentioned our flight out was at 1pm. The lady then informed me that the volcano? In Iceland? Caused a how-do-you-say-in-English? Smoke cloud? And very many flights and airports have closed? Yes...perhaps call your agent?
So...knowing Ajay and the girls were finally sleeping, I decided to check out the gym, which was still closed since it was 5:15 in the morning and you'd have to be crazy to want to exercise at that time. So I returned to the room, and eventually Ajay woke up and got the wheels in motion to gather the necessary information that would determine our destiny. And luckily? We weren't impacted at all and arrived Istanbul with just the right amount of time to catch our connection to Bodrum.
And once we were finally on what was the newest plane I had ever been on (it actually had the new car smell!) just as we were about to close the door and prepare for take off? The baggage cart hit the landing gear of this sparkly new aircraft, and once again, we deplaned, but not at our final destination. And the spoiled child in me? What did I think? Not I hope they have a different plane for us so we are not stranded. No, no! I thought, I hope they have another brand new plane for us! And they did!
No comments:
Post a Comment