Her sentence development is really coming along...she strings 6 or 7 words together at a time very regularly, and has grasped concepts and come up with her own way of saying things very clearly, such as, "no poo poo on the potty right now...later". That's right...we had poo poo in the potty! Once. And since then? We get "no poo poo on the potty right now...later". And when she says "later" she scrunches up her nose. It's cute...very cute....but somewhat...well, frustrating!
Alia is definitely in transition with a lot of things. She is riding the line between baby and little girl. She participates in crafts at school, works puzzles like a maven on her own at school. She is becoming more independent every day much to my delight and also much to my sadness. I am so proud of her and her progress. She amazes me. But I also want to stop the clock and hold on to this lovely little toddler that greets me every morning with "Hi! Mommy! How! Are! You?!" with fuzzy hair and footy pajamas holding her frog between her big head and little shoulders.
Alia says "I love you, Mommy" and "I love you, Daddy". And just when we think we'll melt at all the sweetness going on? She says, "I love you, Elmo" and "I love you, Potty".
Alia got new shoes for school. She has reverence for them because they are her very special school shoes. She only gets to wear them at school (for the most part) and treats them very nicely.
Alia has come out of her shell even more this month. She greets all adults whether she knows them or not. At school she observes closely as other girls go potty in the big girl potty, as well as how boys shout and wrestle around with one another. Alia reports back things she does, things she likes, as well as things she does not like. For example....when I'm around and our nanny is here, Alia says "Alia no like
So there you have it...another month flew by in a flash. And my little baby is one step closer to being a little girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment