Tuesday, April 20, 2010

what's that sound?

So I'm in the kitchen washing bottles. Ajay is finishing up with story time with Alia in her room. Amelie is down for the night in her temporary crib in the playroom/library. These days, I put her down awake after her final bottle and let her find her sleep on her own.

Only tonight? She threw up a big portion of her last feed. Why? I don't know. But that kind of ruined the wind-down of the night since I had to change her clothes, wipe her down, and then put her to bed all amped up.

So I heard her in there cooing away, talking to her favorite painting and mobiles, and then I heard something different...muffled sounds. Not cries. Not shrieks. Little muffled gasps and complaints. I checked the monitor, and to my surprise, I saw a baby head, but with no face. I was looking at my poor little baby stuck on her tummy, doing all she could to right herself, but to no avail since 1) she was in a sleep sac and 2) this was her first time ever flipping from back to front and she hadn't experienced that before.

So in a nutshell, my little baby's big accomplishment happened at a somewhat inopportune time, but we celebrated her accomplishment nonetheless.

No comments: