Happy Easter!
Today's blog marks my 500th...what do you call it...journal? blog? rantings? Well, anyway, when I started this blog a few years back, 500 entries might have seemed a little daunting. And now? I'm just glad that I've kept it going to record our lives, and to have proof that I'm trying really hard to be a good Mom when my girls are teenagers and know everything.
So. Alia now says "nope" in a very sassy way. She's 20 months old. I wonder what she'll say when she's actually 2. She also says purple, pocket, door, up....all of which were added to her ever-growing vocabulary this week. And Amelie? Gotta say...she is the sweetest of the sweetie pies. Truly.
Yesterday our friends Barry and Z came over to hang out...they brought their little guy who was born on New Years Eve. We were do honored that they asked us (and we accepted) to be the Godparents of their son. Just writing it down gives me chills up and down my arms and legs because now that I know the love that a parent feels for their child, it is without a doubt the highest compliment you can pay anyone...entrusting the upbringing of your child to them.
So that's all there's time for today...Alia has awakened from her nap so duty calls. I wish I had a sassier, quippier entry for such a special entry, but maybe it's enough to just keep writing.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment