Alia's favorite thing in the world? Froggy.
Alia's second favorite thing in the world? Yogurt. Yogurt, in fact, was one of Alia's first words...or maybe I should call it a verbal expression, because her word for Yogurt doesn't really sound like Yogurt at all...she calls it GOLKA.
Anyway, many mornings, Alia and I have a morning jaunt somewhere before her nap....to the park, to the beach, to the grocery store. And on the way up the hill returning home, I always begin preparing her for the nap to come. I tell her, "when we get home, it's time for a nap".
This conversation has evolved over time. Alia wants to know who will be taking a nap, so the conversation has evolved to "When we get home, Alia's going to take a nap"...and she replies "Mama?" and I reply, "Yes, Mommy is going to take a nap". She rebutts, "Dada?" and I say "Daddy's working, you silly girl" and she laughs. And then the kicker...the punchline...which is delivered as such....she asks, "GOLKA!!!?" To which we both laugh and I say "Yogurt does not need a nap you silly girl!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment