Monday, March 1, 2010

Blah

Lately, I've been feeling blah. Not depressed, nothing concerning, just blah. Maybe it's long term sleep deprivation. Maybe it's the fact that I've caught my second cold in 5 weeks thanks to going to story time at the library. Maybe it's that I feel unappreciated when it comes to all the effort I put into raising Alia...She  treats Daddy like the king and me like I have the plague when he's around when all the while I'm dedicating my life to making sure she thrives in every capacity.

I'd lie if I said I haven't second guessed my choice for my life's work. I was a career girl before, and happily made the choice to stay home and raise babies. I read in a chat room that we can't look to our kids for validation, and while my knee jerk reaction is that I'm certain I'm not doing that, then why do I have the blues after a weekend filled with King Daddy and Plague Mommy?

No comments: