Thursday, February 11, 2010

The seven day pedicure

So, I closed the bathroom door on my 4th toe in the middle of the night last week. I hit that poor little toe so hard, it knocked the polish off completely. The 3 month old polish, that is. See, I got a pedicure the day before Amelie was born. So, yeah, I know for a fact the polish was over 3 months old.

That's not the bad part. The bad part is that I was bummed because it drew my attention to my feet, and made me realize it was time to remove the polish. I had to remove the polish with one toe completely devoid of polish, I mean, for gosh sakes, I have standards! Forget that the other nine toes were half grown out of polish and therefore I really only had polish on four complete toes when you really think about it.

So, two days later, I managed to pull out the ol' polish remover. I successfully removed the polish from one foot when the baby woke up. The following day, I was able to remove the polish from the other foot. And the following day? I pumiced one foot after the shower. And the day after that? I pumiced the other foot. And the following night? Filed my nails. And here we are, six days after the very painful catalyst occurred. And my toes? Nails still not buffed. Still no polish.

There's only so much one woman can do in a day!

No comments: