Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby Signing Time

Today it's as if Alia knew that she needed to be sweet.

Today we were sitting side by side watching Baby Signing Time after her breakfast. We got to the part where they teach the sign for pain. There's a little cartoon clip of a frog who is hurting, and he signs that it hurts on his belly, it hurts on his head, it hurts on his arm, etc. Then the cartoon babies put bandaids on all those places and everyone giggles. Then there is a song in the background that talks about making it better with a kiss. It's cute.

So then, Alia grabs her Froggy, lifts up my shirt, and makes kissing noises, and makes her Froggy kiss my incision on my belly button from when I had my gall bladder removed a few weeks ago. And not just one set of kisses...this went on for at least 10 minutes.

And when I signed "thank you" to Alia? She gave me her biggest smile and leaned in for a hug. And this is the girl who will not be hugged!

NOTE:
No, I am not paid to speak of Baby Signing Time. I'm just a Mom who has a baby who LOVES this program.

No comments: