Well, since I have two girls that are currently awake, contained and not crying, I thought I'd say hello to the cyber world. Amelie is in her bassinet next to me making little baby noises and looking at the ceiling, and Alia is in her crib, easing into the day with her favorite stuffed animals. Good thing I type fast!
So what's new here? Well, what's new with me is my gall bladder has to be yanked out next week. That's right, I'm now at the age that I have conversations about my gall bladder. I thought these were conversations for my Mom, but here I am, a Mom myself, have gall stone attacks at the most inopportune time. If you know anyone who has had this problem, they'll tell you it is among the most painful things you can suffer acutely. So, next Tuesday, it's comin' out. Yeah for me, another surgery! I joke that I wish our hospital had a frequent flier program, since in the last six weeks I've given birth there, had an upper GI endoscopy, and now another surgery planned. And all this fun stuff is going on while I'm raising two babies!
Speaking of babies, Amelie had her six week checkup yesterday. I've been a little concerned for a couple of reasons, and of course, it was just me over-thinking everything. Babies cry, some more than others, and Amelie is in the camp of "We love to cry!". But it's normal. My doc says that some babies just take awhile to learn to soothe themselves.
So in a nutshell, we're keeping our heads above water. I'm getting an hour or two of sleep in a row at night. Amelie isn't the best sleeper, in case you didn't catch that. I'm tired a lot. There aren't enough hours in the day. But we'll get through it, and seriously, isn't it worth it?
1 comment:
Oh I feel you on the gallbladder problems, I found out the hardway that it is quite common with Moms/pregnancy. The pain of an attack was worse that my 1st borns birth (which is when I had mine removed), but once it was gone all was good in my world.
Post a Comment