I figure if I want to maintain any sort of readership and followers, I should probably find time to write a few lines now and then even during this crazy time. Why crazy? Well, last week I had my gallbladder removed, which although a laparoscopic procedure was more painful to recover from than I anticipated. That on top of recovering from Amelie's c-section and keeping up with two babies and my household, on top of the nightly wake-ups to feed my very hungry baby...well, lets just say there aren't many minutes in the day that aren't accounted for ahead of time. And did I mention the pain factor? Who knew a 5mm trocar port in the belly could be such a bear?! Then again, I suppose getting stabbed would be painful, and that's about what happened!
Today I woke up with that feeling...I didn't feel good, again. My tummy was bad. Shit. Did I just have an organ removed and still haven't fixed the problem? Is this going to be ongoing? So thankfully, my nanny came early today and was able to stay late, and from the time I woke up until Alia's morning nap, I was basically on the couch. Now here's where I admit something to the universe that will make it real. What was Alia doing for that two and a half hours? She was running back and forth from the library to the kitchen getting one grape at a time, rolling on the sheep skin rug, rearranging her furniture (she got two kid-sized polka dotted chairs from Pottery Barn for Christmas and she loves moving them around, which is funny because I love to rearrange furniture too. Oh, and Alia didn't get two chairs...she got one chair and Amelie got one chair, but Alia believes she got two chairs since Amelie isn't using hers yet). Anyway, Alia was doing her normal running about like a monkey while watching Baby Signing Time. That's right. I caved. Although all research points to not allowing television of any kind before the age of two, I caved this month. Alia is 17 months old, and I now let her learn sign language from the TV. Yes, I've blogged about this before, I think (but who can remember for sure since I've basically been on pain pills since Amelie arrived!). But anyway, today was Alia's dream come true. Mommy didn't cut her off. She got to watch and watch and watch. But here's my justification. One, there was no choice because I didn't have the physical capability to keep up with her, and two, with all that running back and forth and hither and dither, I figure she actually only watched about 6 minutes. Or that's what I tell myself anyway.
So that's where I'm at. Still not quite cured of my stomach woes. Still not sleeping at night for more than two hours at a time. Still thankful for having the support I have from Ajay, my neighbors, and my nanny. Still absolutely loving being a Mommy. Oh, and that brings me to the sweetest moment of the day, perhaps week....perhaps month? While I was on the couch with blankets up to my chin, eyes half closed, Alia would come to me from time to time, and place her tiny little hand ever so softly on my cheek. And other times? She would give me kisses. Right on the mouth. Wet ones...just the way Mommy loves them.
And yes, I realize Amelie was somewhat absent in this blog...she's basically growing like crazy and very sweet. But today while all this was going on? She was sleeping. Because that's what she does during the day. How else could she get up all those times at night?
No comments:
Post a Comment