Hi!
Well, where have I been for the last 10 days? Good question...I can't seem to come up with anything that has kept me away from the computer except for the new teeny tiny girl that's been added to my family...Amelie. Yes, a newborn takes up a surprisingly large amount of time...although she's only awake 5 hours a day, those are 5 chaotic ours considering my other big girl is very very fast, very very interested, and very very needing of everyone's full attention.
And by everyone? I mean, myself, Ajay, my Mom who is visiting this week, Ajay's Mom who is here for about another month, as well as my part time nanny who I've hired to help me out when Ajay goes back to work. That's right...Alia needs it all. And if some one happens to leave the room and her circle of admiration and attentiveness? She squawks in the most unpleasant of ways to get us back where we belong...playing with her.
So the transition? Not too terribly bad on Alia. Although she does seem to be a little bit mad at me, which breaks my heart because it means she holds me responsible for her sister. But that's okay...I know that a sister is the best gift I can give her.
So Alia....outside of being a little out of her element, is doing extremely well. The other night we were all hanging out in the formal living room. On the coffee table were a few glasses of wine, a baby bottle for Amelie and a pacifier for Amelie (Alia quit hers cold turkey at 3 months old). Well anyway, we were all sitting and chatting...Alia on Ajay's lap enjoying story time, me holding Amelie on my shoulder trying to coax out her teeny tiny elusive burps, and my Mom, Ajay's Mom Maya, and Maya's cousin. Anyway, at one point, Alia jumps up and off Ajay's lap, and takes a few quick strides with outreached arms toward the coffee table. I was concerned that red wine would be flying off the table....Ajay was concerned that Alia would grab the bottle of pumped breast milk and down it right on the spot. But instead? What did my precious sweetie pie do? She grabbed the pacifier and handed to me and then patted Amelie's foot. She turned around and handed me the baby's bottle for Amelie.
Does it get any sweeter than that?
No comments:
Post a Comment