Well, Ajay's Mom Maya arrived almost 10 days ago. Where has the time gone? Seriously....yesterday I realized that she didn't just get here!
So the countdown is on...Alia's sister will arrive in 2 weeks and 3 days. It's surreal how quickly the days are passing right now. This whole week passed in a blink. I can't believe it's already Friday, and I haven't posted a thing in a week. Sure I've thought about it, but who has time?
This week I managed to do a little more preparation for the baby's arrival. The Mountain Buggy and bassinet was brought up from the garage...just like with Alia, we plan to use the bassinet setting for the stroller at our bedside for the first weeks home. Then I'll probably move into the living room with the baby once Ajay goes back to work.
Last week I unfortunately had to let my nanny go. Now that I'm back to going it alone, I am a little stressed about having a 15 month old and a newborn at home by myself. Sure, Ajay is taking off for 3 weeks. Maya will stay as long as she feels she's needed (quick...what's the best way to prove incompetence?), my Mom will visit on 11/9 for a week, and my sister will come for a short visit over Thanksgiving weekend. But beyond that, it's me. On my own. Is this possible?
All that aside, I'm doing pretty good. We learned at the last ultrasound that the baby, who we have named Amelie, is Frank Breech. Meaning she is head up, butt down, legs fully extended with feet in front of her face. Literally folded in half. And I wondered why I could breathe.
So that's where we're at....big as a house, ready to pop, and scared to death that I'm going to be outnumbered by my babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment