I'm going to have a baby in a little over 4 weeks. This means that I am big, feeling fat and bloated, and tired. It also means that the smallest tasks can feel overwhelming...like keeping up with the laundry and dishes and routine stuff. The lack of sleep at night is taking it's toll on me, but all that said, I still feel like I'm in a surreal place right now. I wake up to pee every couple of hours at night, and sometimes I'm surprised to find my belly so heavy...like, I've forgotten that I'm pregnant. And not just a little pregnant...a LOT pregnant...over 8 months! I've been slowly getting ready for my trip to the hospital...I've got all of the baby's things washed and snuggly. I've added a few things of my own to the pile that's waiting for a suitcase to magically appear. But it still feels somewhat unreal.
This pregnancy has been so different than the first one. No drugs, hormones, or crises. No "I have no idea what to expect with this new baby coming" stress. There's just been the feeling that the routine that we've created and that works well for us is going to change dramatically with the new little person here with her own set of needs. And while that's a little frightening to think about, it's nothing that I haven't handled before.
So here we are...tired. Ready for the baby to come. Amazed that I still have four weeks left. And at the same time, amazed that there are JUST....FOUR.....WEEKS.....LEFT!
No comments:
Post a Comment