Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Help? Who needs help?

Okay, so here I am, 16 weeks pregnant. I am physically doing really well this pregnancy. As I've mentioned before, this being a much milder pregnancy, I haven't suffered through nausea, migraines, or nearly the amount of aches and pains. And because of this, I feel totally comfortable in my ability to take care of my 24 pound monkey...I can still toss her in the air, carry her all day every day and keep her happy and entertained during all of her waking hours.

But hang on...remember how it feels in that last trimester? The final one? Where the belly gets huge and heavy and you constantly worry if the baby just might fall out? (Or am I alone in that concern?) So with this in mind, my neighbor mentioned she just hired a part time nanny to supplement her other part time nanny so she can return to work. The thing is, her new part time nanny is looking for more work and has an excellent resume and references.

So I'm thinkin'....I've started to realize that I will in fact need help caring for Alia later in this pregnancy. And with no local family that could possibly fill this role, we're left with the hired help option.  As a first child, Alia is used to constant attention. Constant interaction. And yes, constant carrying and being tossed in the air. Okay, well maybe a nanny won't be able to help with that last part....that can become Daddy's job...but you get what I'm sayin'. 

Do I bring this miracle nanny with wonderful references on now? Maybe for a day a week just to help out? God knows I never get close to what I want to accomplish every day done. I could use some help around here. Or do I wait until I really need help to bring her on board and just hope that I can still get her? Or do I rely on the fact that there are probably plenty of out of work nannies with excellent references out there due to the bad economy? Oh, why must I  be so neurotic? 

So anybody? Ideas? 

No comments: