Monday, March 23, 2009

I suppose I'm one of them now

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may know that I suffered through a lot of time and needle pokes and emotional rollercoasters and operations and tubes and injections etc., etc., etc., to finally be blessed with Alia, my bouncing baby girl.

And all through the process, my fertile friends would remind me that all it takes is a bottle of wine, some soft music...you know...just relaaaaaax. If any of my infertile friends are reading this, I'm sure your nodding in agreement.

Anyway. Last month I was supposed to move forward with my frozen embryo transfer, except my fertility doc was going to be out of town for the day I was likely to ovulate (and since we're doing a natural course in order to avoid unnecessary injections following the transfer). So we postponed to this month.

I marked my calendar. I'm used to longer cycles since having Alia. As the days passed, and the cycle grew extra long, friends started asking when I was going to begin peeing on sticks again. I laughed. Until the day I found myself eating spicy bean dip with organic corn chips for breakfast. Followed by a chicken burrito for ummm, brunch at 10:30.

I peed on the stick.

And it was postive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! I can't imagine how thrilled ya'll must be!

Brandi_B said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dipti Shah said...

Woo-hoo!!! Congrats Andrea! What wonderful news!

pacegirlno3 said...

Congratulations!!! (from me and my sister--- she's a regular reader too) You are an "old fashion" girl after all!!!

Me said...

Wow. You are one of them now. OF course, that's all any of us really want to be. Congrats!