If you read my last post, you know that we're not getting much sleep around these parts...and while that doesn't sound...well, life or death, it is quite challenging. Especially since Alia is 7 months old and it's been a loooooong time since her newborn days when we were used to interupted sleep every night.
By the way, every evening, Ajay and I take Alia for a walk...either at the park at the top of the hill, or down in town (Laguna Beach). Last night, although exhausted, was no exception. We headed out to town around 5, and once there, Ajay asked if I had had anything to eat during the day. When I responded that I had a cup of yogurt and a cup of rice noodle soup, he made the executive decision to pop into a local spot and had a really early dinner.
And can I just say that there is something amazingly refreshing and life-changing about taking the time for a nice meal...that some one else made for you...with a nice glass of wine and a starter and a salad. And there's something to be said for not saving room for dessert.
So we arrived back home around 7, stuffed, happy feeling refreshed (forget the very tired and crying baby). And we were all in bed by 8.
No comments:
Post a Comment