Saturday, December 6, 2008

Xtra Xtra!

The last few weeks, Alia has been particularly oral. Since deciding there was nothing more disgusting than her binky at 3 months old, she's taken to her hands. Only the past weeks, it's become her hands, our fingers, random towels, her bib...you name it. If it crosses her path, it ends up in her mouth. Many people have suggested she is teething, and while I didn't know one way or another, I had my doubts because a) Alia is only 4 months old, and b) I read in one of my baby books that salivating and chewing is almost always a phase that babies this age go through, and typically it does not mean teething is happening.

But this morning, Alia grabbed my finger and shoved it in her mouth as usual, and began gnawing away...and today? There on the bottom row of her sweet little gum line was one very small but very real tooth popping threw. And right next to it? Another one just waiting to pop through.

No comments: