We drove up on Christmas Eve morning, among the other 10 million Los Angelinos striving to get to Grandmother's house in time for the turkey... and in my family's case, the drunken fest that is Christmas. Okay, I exaggerate, but I think one needs to show up with a little drinkie on board to make family holidays more tolerable...ooops, I mean fun. But that's not what I'm talking about today.
After a somewhat grueling drive in rain and aggressive holiday drivers, we arrived to a wonderfully warm, beautiful resort. The resort consists of lots and lots of hacienda style buildings, and one of the best spas in the country. Ohhh, the pressing I'm going to have in just a couple of hours...I am so excited! A massage for Mommy! And no baby watching! It really is a Christmas miracle!!!
Last night we decided to open our presents and celebrated in our little room with a lovely bottle of champagne, followed by a martini for Mommy and a favorite holiday beer for Ajay. Since Alia was early to bed, Ajay ran down to one of the restaurants and ordered take-out; while the room service menu was adequate, we just didn't feel like chicken tenders and a Caesar salad. So anyway, Ajay came back with dinner in boxes...salmon with gnocchi and sole on a bed of mashed potatoes with green beans. The boxes the dinner was packed in added to the charm of our little family of 3 dinner in the room, as did the hand towels we used for napkins, and the utter lack of silverware. Yep, that's right...Ajay's kind waiter forgot to send silverware with us. And rather than sending Ajay back into the rain, we borrowed two of Alia's brand new baby spoons and gobbled up our dinner in very tiny bites.
And it couldn't have been more wonderful, more perfect, more anything. I am so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment